This website ('Site') is owned and operated by FOXTEL Television Pty Ltd, ABN 58 083 297 634 ('FOXTEL, we, our, us'). FOXTEL is committed to the protection of personal information provided by you to the Site.
As part of FOXTEL's commitment to the protection of Your Personal Information, we have developed this policy in line with the voluntary National Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information developed by the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner, which represent industry best practice.
- Collection of Your Personal Information
- Storage an Security of Your Personal Information
- Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- Access to Your Personal Information
- Children's Privacy
- Further Information on Privacy
- Contact Us
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, Personal Information means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information is collected to enhance your use of the Site and continually improve our Site.
We will collect information that does personally identify you where required (this may include your name, email address, gender, age and subscribers details). We only collect this information to carry out the functions offered on the areas of Site that you choose to enter. If you do not wish to provide your Personal Information, you should not use these parts of the Web Site.
FOXTEL recognises that your privacy is very important to you. For this reason, if we can (and you want to), you do not have to identify yourself when you use or access most of the features of the Web Site (http://www.mainevent.com.au). You will not be penalised if you do not provide us with your Personal Information.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
FOXTEL will use all reasonable endeavours to maintain the security of Your Personal Information.
We require our staff and service providers to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Information.
Due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that Your Personal Information will always be secure during transmission or from unauthorised access during storage. Please contact FOXTEL immediately if you become aware or have reason to believe there has been any unauthorised use of Your Personal Information. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude any liability for loss or damage caused by breaches of the security, integrity or privacy of this Web Site.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
FOXTEL will not disclose information that personally identifies you to advertisers. FOXTEL may be required to disclose some information that does not personally identify you to advertisers to provide advertisers with aggregate statistics of people that have seen or linked to their advertisements on our Site. This provision of information with advertisers assists FOXTEL with improvements to the Site and assists FOXTEL to provide the Site to users at no cost.
Personal Information that you submit to our Web Site may be disclosed to a third party if the disclosure is:
Required by law;
Permitted by the National Privacy Principles;
- Necessary to co-operate with a judicial process or a law enforcement agency;
- Necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of FOXTEL, this site, or participating sites; or
- Necessary to lessen or prevent unlawful activity or serious threats to individuals, public health or safety.
- FOXTEL may provide certain information about you to its related bodies corporate. Subject to your prior approval, FOXTEL's commercial sponsors, advertisers, business partners or associates located both in and outside Australia ('FOXTEL Partners') may wish to send you information about their products or services.
- If you subsequently decide that you do not wish to receive information about the products and services of the FOXTEL Partners, please Contact Us with your request to be removed from our mailing list. We will use reasonable endeavors to remove your name within 14 days of receipt of notice.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
FOXTEL will use all reasonable endeavours to keep Your Personal Information accurate. Please Contact Us to examine Your Personal Information if required. We will use reasonable endeavours to provide a complete list of Your Personal Information within 14 days of receipt of your enquiry.
You may Contact Us to amend any of Your Personal Information that is inaccurate or request that Your Personal Information be deleted. We will use reasonable endeavours to amend or delete your records as requested within 14 days of receipt of notice. If applicable, any legal requirement on FOXTEL to maintain certain records of Your Personal Information shall prevail over any of your requests.
FOXTEL Partner sites may collect additional personal information from you in addition to Your Personal Information supplied to FOXTEL. You acknowledge that FOXTEL is not responsible for the content or practices of the sites operated by FOXTEL Partners including the manner in which they collect, store, use or disseminate your personal information.
FURTHER INFORMATION ON PRIVACY
If you would like any further information about your rights to privacy, please see the Australian Privacy Commissioner's website or contact the Internet Industry Association.